Monday, January 19, 2009

Lunchtime Surprise

From my desk at work I don't have a view of the outside. This is nice when it's sunny and beautiful outside because I can't see what I'm missing. It's sad, however, when I work 4 hours through a thunder and rain storm and don't even know it (this has actually happened). 

Today was one of those days, the oblivious to the outdoors kind of day. So when I walked outside for a lunch-break trip to Target, I was pleasantly surprised.

 

Snow! Not just any snow. The snow. The snow I've been waiting for for 4 years. See, my parents have lived here for 4 years now, so I've always been back for Christmas break, hoping for snow. And if I didn't see snow (a good snow) at Christmas, which I never did, I knew (being from Texas) that I'd have to wait another year for this wonderful white stuff.

At last, after 4 looooong years, I got my good snow :) My 30-minute drive home might've taken almost 2 hours, but it was worth it. It was so beautiful outside! Next to the leaves changing colors in the Fall, I think shiny white snow/ice on dead winter trees is my second favorite thing about nature. 



Pretty, pretty snow. So beautiful.

No comments: