Saturday, March 7, 2009

Flowers flowers in my hair, flowers flowers everywhere


I have been very remiss (SAT word) lately in making time to hang out with my roommates; with opposite schedules during the week, it's hard to find time when we're all available. So when my roommate Alexey (pictured to the left courtesy of facebook and appropriately pictured with flowers) asked me and my other roommate Ryan (pictured to the right also courtesy of facebook) to the Philadelphia Flower Show today, I was so excited one, that I didn't already have plans and could actually go, and two to hang out with my roommates while looking at pretty flowers. Not to mention it was 70 degrees outside, a wonderful day to get out of the house and take a train ride to the city. 

Turns out the Philadelphia Flower Show is the largest indoor flower show in the nation and it's a pretty big deal. Who knew? We followed the massive crowds of people through the convention center to the show entrance; not knowing what to expect at all, I was pleasantly surprised. I mean, it was exactly what you'd think of when you hear flower show. A huge room of flower exhibits, flower contests, and vendors. So colorful and fresh, very easy on the nose. A few of my favorites:

An entirely hand-painted tree. INSANE.


Pretty glass walls with test tubes of single flowers all up and down them.


What I like to call the 'Old Man' cactus.


One of the exhibits.


Judging tables.


Lovely.

After the flower show we ate at a little restaurant in Chinatown then rode the train home right before dark. 

Wonderful roommates, awesome flowers, a beautiful day in the city; no complaints from this girl.

No comments: