Wednesday, May 27, 2009

I was all by myself, no one was with me

People: 'So, what'd you do for the holiday weekend?'
Me: 'Went to Canada; how was your time off?'
People: 'You went to Canada?!? Who'd you go with?'
Me: 'Just myself.'
People: 'Oh ok, to visit friends?'
Me: 'No, just because I've never been there'
People: 'Wow, so you just went to Canada by yourself [looking shocked and not knowing what else to say]; that's awesome.'

This is roughly the conversation/reaction with everyone I've come into contact with since monday. Is it really awesome, people? Or are you secretly thinking I'm a loser with nothing better to do than run to a city where I know no one, with no one.

I mean, what's a single girl, 1,600 miles away from her best girlfriends to do, sit around and wait for her honeymoon to explore the world?? Not this girl! God has blessed me with a spirit of independence, courage, and determination; so YES, you better believe I went to Canada by myself! And it was fabulous.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

woman power! and fyi, lauren and I exchanged texts today about planning a trip to you someday soon. soon as in, when i get a better job so I could actually afford this.

Kara said...

Ohmigosh, yesssss.