Now one more to add to my list: First Flyers hockey game...in person! Against my sister and brother-in-law's favorite team, the Washington Capitals.
Hockey games are definitely much more exciting in person than on tv, but the fans are brutal! We had a lovely woman behind us that thought she knew how to play hockey better than the players themselves and proceeded to yell it at them, thinking they'd actually be able to hear her from the top section.
Other than that and the fact that we lost 2-8, the game was GREAT! Two awesome knock-outs: one of our players popped a Capital in the side of the head 6 minutes into the game; then in the last period, one of the Refs making horrible calls against the Flyers got hit in the head with the puck and fell flat to the ice. The entire crowd cheered, and I admit I giggled; kind of sad...don't worry, he lived :)

4 comments:
Too bad the Flyers took such a beating by the Caps!! What an embarrassing night to be a flyers fan...
Haha, you're tellin' me!!
Dude, 3 weeks ago you didn't know hockey was played on ice and now you're going to the games. I don't even know who you are anymore.
I scored some free hockey tickets and went with a few friends. The fans were completely infatuated with everything. I found a lot of it humorous. I mean, this is Houston we're talking about!
Post a Comment