Saturday morning I woke up to sunshine and warmth. The heat hadn't kicked on, which could only mean one thing: it was warm enough outside to not need it.
Could it be?
I brewed my morning coffee and rushed to the door hoping I wouldn't be fooled and get hit with a rush of below-freezing chill while still in my less-than-substantial-for-the-winter boxers and t-shirt.
But thankfully, it wasn't the normal sting-your-face-cold that hit me, it was a glorious and warm breeze. If I hadn't known better I would've thought it was April, but just two days ago I didn't want to leave my house because I couldn't put enough layers on to stay warm outside. Maybe I'm exaggerating, but still, whatever this heat wave was I liked it.
I opened all the windows as fast as I could to let the stale winter air blow out of the house and then laid on my bed to take in all the freshness. It wasn't until I started to get dressed and contemplated putting shorts on that I decided to check the actual temperature...
Weather.com said 52 degrees.
52 DEGREES?? How did 52 degrees all of the sudden feel so comfortable?? I remember the Texas days where I'd be pulling out my heaviest jacket and bundling up when it got down to the 50's, and here I was contemplating wearing shorts...
Funny how things change.
2 comments:
Does this mean you are no longer one of us? So sad...
I know, I don't like it either...
Post a Comment