Wednesday, July 18, 2012

MRS.


I'm going to be a Mrs.!!!

I think it's just starting to become real. Eeeeeee!

It all went down Saturday night, with leisurely appetizers and cocktails with our friend (and Pete's co-worker) Brad. Pete and I had found this cute little restaurant in town, Season's Bistro, that reminded us so much of one of our favorite restaurants back in West Chester; they have live music on Saturdays so we had made plans to head over there with Brad and I thought nothing of it.

Around 9:30pm Pete and Brad step outside to "check out the blue Lotus sports car" that was parked outside when we arrived. You know men and their cars, I still thought nothing of it. 

About 5 minutes later, Brad walks back in without Pete, but when I ask him where Pete is he just tells me the sports car's owner was the valet guy and he offered to take Pete for a spin around the block in it. Oh, ok. That's nice of him, I think.

Until 15 minutes later when Pete walks back in the restaurant, and I see him walking up to the stage where the live music is happening. He gets on the microphone and calls me up to the stage.

The rest is a blur, because I immediately started crying and didn't stop for a good 2 hours.

He made a really cute speech in front of everyone, but once I wrapped my mind around what was happening all I heard with him down on his knee was "I love you so much, will you marry me?" I squealed out a "Yes" and the musician played a song for us to have our 'first dance' as an engaged couple. It was pretty cute. Apparently the musician, bartender and Brad were all in on it...and I had no idea!

Teary-eyed and oh so happy
One of the best parts of getting engaged, besides being able to spend the rest of my days with my best friend, was all the love and well wishes we got from family and friends in the days following. Seriously, we were completely overwhelmed. It was awesome!!

One of my favorites might have been my little niece wearing her "I love my Auntie" outfit in honor of me and Pete...


So precious! And of course we had our first dinner as Mr. & Mrs.-to-be...

We know, it's super classy and completely random...don't be jealous. Pete just got a grill and is currently trying to grill anything and everything. Hence the carrots. Who grills carrots? I have to admit, though, they were actually pretty good; they tasted like hotdogs!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

*Squeeee* I love this :)

Micey, get thee to Charlotte so the planning/celebrating can begin! (Because obviously you need to come to us in order to celebrate and plan properly :))

Kara said...

Haha you're so cute. I might be up for a visit soon!