
Rewind 2 years (oh man, maybe 3 now) back to the days when I lived with Lauren then Grosse, now Kimmel.
I remember this period of time when we searched website after website, blockbuster after blockbuster; we called friend after friend and extended every life line in search of this amazingly awesome and addictive t.v. series, Felicity.
Only four seasons, a mere 84 episodes, yet so incredibly difficult to find and so expensive to purchase. So we watched the few episodes of Season 1, I think it was, that we had and suffered through the withdraw when we came to the end of the shows within our reach. It wasn't pretty, but we eventually got over it and moved on to new show addictions (The Hills may or may not have played an important role in this.)
Fast forward some years to now, well two weeks ago. For some reason the hankering to watch Felicity came back again. Oh how I dreaded the return of this craving, knowing there's no way I can find the episodes without spending a fortune.
That is, however, until my amazing roommate, Justyn, came to the rescue and got me all 4 seasons. Yep, ALL 84 EPISODES, all mine; well, ours, except he's not as in to Felicity as I am :) He's awesome; and even lets me have the whole living room to myself for my Felicity Marathons. Big tv, surround sound and Keri Russell circa 1998. Heaven.
The only problem, if you noticed, is that little word, marathon. Since having this old classic at my finger tips since friday, I am almost done Season 2. Which means almost half way done. Which means 24 45-minute episodes in four days. Granted I skipped some of Season 1 because I had already seen them, BUT STILL, I'm guessing at least 18 episodes in four days. It's just SO GOOD!
Don't worry, though, I'm going to control my Felicity-watching as of today. Not, of course, because I'm afraid of the possibilities of becoming a hermit or anything, only because I want to draw out the amazing-ness of this show for as long as possible (duuuhh).
1 comment:
this may or may not remind me of watching marathons in the DR of shows owned by roommates that i had never even seen in the states. and yes, it was bliss.
Post a Comment