On Sunday I experienced something like never before.
An All-You-Can-Eat Ice Cream (& Water Ice) Festival. Biggest brain freeze I think I've ever had. But so worth it.

Steph read about this festival and with 85 degree/sunny weather, any excuse to be outside will be taken; so She, Kyle, Mackenzie and I had our hearts set. Even though the name was self explanatory, for some reason I wasn't thinking all-you-can-eat. I figured, donate $5 to Leukemia, get a couple scoops of ice cream. But no, it was more like donate $5, grab scoop after unlimited scoop of free ice cream and water ice. And we're not talking store-brand ice cream here people, we're talking about the big wigs of ice cream: Ben & Jerry's, Edy's, Haagen Daas, Rita's (my personal favorite), Good Humor, oh the list goes on.
If you could peel your feet from the concrete covered in a nice layer of melted ice cream goo and remember to not accidentally throw your one allotted spoon in the trash can by accident, you were good to go into frozen treat heaven. I myself had a delicious sampling of mango, lemon, green apple, cherry, blueberry and root beer water ices. I don't ever recommend putting root beer ice into your mouth, but the mango and lemon were delicious.
We managed to survive the crowds and make it out of the festival a bit sticky, but sans stomach aches. I deem the day a success.
Oh, and my favorite picture with my favorite Lil' Chunk (thanks Steph!):
.jpg)
1 comment:
what a glorious day! <3
wish we had 85 degree weather in the summer down here..
Post a Comment